99 Spirits is a Puzzle RPG released in Japan this fall, and it is currently being localized for English speaking audiences. The immersive game features an original battle system where players will have to puzzle out the true identity of the enemy before defeating them. 99 Spirits revolves around the real Japanese legends of “Tsukumogami”, where everyday objects come alive on their 100th birthday.
The game’s protagonist is Hanabusa, a young headstrong girl living in the Heian capital within medieval Japan. When her mother is slain by evil spirits, her life turns into one of vengeance as she sets out to hunt and destroy the spirits.
The full game will feature:
– Over 10 hours of playtime in an RPG that mixes intense puzzles with fast paced action
– Work out the true identity of your enemies in a unique battle system
– Capture enemy spirits and turn them into allies
– Interact with over 40 unique characters that impact your journey
– Battle over 100 monsters and master a vast variety of skills
– Beautifully detailed art and an atmospheric original soundtrack bring feudal Japan alive
99 Spirits is planned to be released on PC (Windows) in early 2013.
We are an independent localization company intent on bringing the best Japanese indie games to English-speaking audiences. We released our first game, Yakiniku Banzai’s critically acclaimed strategy title War of the Human Tanks, in fall 2012 and are now working on our second project, 99 Spirits, while trying to make ends meet.
The handy link: