Rebirth is a survival horror sandbox game. Rebirth aims to successfully combine horror and action by using Day and Night as integral parts of gameplay. During the day Rebirth plays more like a survival horror shooter, with action and scavenging as well as survival aspects. At night the game takes a turn for horror. Rebirth will feature procedurally generated horror events and buildings as well as emergent gameplay. Our goal is to create a horror game that changes every time you play!
- Full Body Awareness – Look down, see your legs. Check your body for injuries.
- AI with senses, goals and advanced behaviors, such as actively searching for you when they lose sight of you, or going to where they heard unusual noises.
- Emergent gameplay – Random events scattered throughout the world. Your house may be raided, or maybe you’ll walk into a house and the door will suddenly lock behind you, leaving you at the mercy of whatever vengeful entity lives within!
- Survival based gameplay – Scavenge. Find food, weapons, medical supplies, ammo, and scavenge for shelter. Try to survive the night.
- Barricade yourself and fortify a position.
- Meaningful death.
- RPG elements – Improve your character over time.
- Multiplayer – After most mechanics are complete.
Rebirth was started as my own personal hobby project. I am a software developer by day, indie game dev by night. I pour all my spare time and money into this project and have built all the systems entirely from scratch. I have also done some art, sound, and pretty much everything not involving 3d art. For this, I have used the talents of some of my team members, who have contributed art created in their spare time to help with the project. Our artists are hard pressed for money, so they could definitely use the help!
The handy link: